Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Viscid Phantasm!

That’s how I would describe that day when she landed up on me.

I couldn’t believe she was there. There were people around that day. And she was pirouetting so blithely. How possibly could she do that to me? I had never betrayed her. I had given her all the liberties. But even she has to remain in a certain periphery. It’s no justice to land up brusquely, especially when someone is in company. But she did!

This must have happened to others but I kept asking myself – Why me? I was really caught unaware that day – thankfully to the oblivion of others. But I was embarrassed. I tried to hide my face or cover it up with a handkerchief but that couldn’t stop me from squinting around. Suspicious, raised eyebrows all around were asking questions. But for me, I was clueless; wondering what to tell them.

“Should I tell them about you? Do you want me to be a laughing stock among them? Is that what you want?”, I asked her. “No dear! Not at all. I just wanted to let you know that I was there. I just wanted to come……….come out of the shackles and break myself free”, she said.

The next thing I knew, she was pushing herself on me. Making herself conspicuous to my friends around. Thankfully again – they were still in the oblivion. But her demeanor made me take an umbrage. I would have calmed myself down but for one of my friends there. “What happened to you? You look sick”, he said. “Ok! That’s it, no more waiting”, I said to myself – and to her, “You have to go…now!”

We went to a secluded place and there I squeezed her, pushed her out saying, “Bye, bye….mucus.”

8 Comments:

Blogger dhwani said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:09 AM  
Blogger dhwani said...

April 3. Year 2007. We are heading towards Spetember..then it will be almost two years since you wrote something..yes the earlier one and the only one is amazing but whats next??you keep visiting the blog bcoz the orkut profile claims that the search for creativity is still on...n there you are disappointed!!

hoping to c something added to this creativity blog...n plz make it soon..n dont say u hv WRITERS BLOCK!!

3:15 AM  
Blogger FunnyBone said...

great one yaar. likhte rehna
and keep inspiring people to write

Take care

8:44 AM  
Blogger Khantil Shah said...

accha hai
bahut accha hai
bahut bahut hi accha hai
bahut bahut bahut hi accha hai
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.par ek baat bata kis pe likha tha
,
,


,

,

,
sorry man just kidding
really good work
just simpler words
nothing else
keep writing and njoying
will definately appreciate
it..........

5:32 AM  
Blogger Purva said...

phew!

Nice post.....and like everybody else I would say use of simpler words would make it far more interesting.....

but good one anyways....

hope you find the zeal to blog again....(time is just an excuse you lazy blogger!)


keep writing
Happy Living

7:46 AM  
Blogger Mary Suja James said...

Hehe...extremely gripping!
mmmmmmm..Mazaa aa gaya!

SO when do we get to read more of yours?!?!?

5:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, good that you've come out of the hybernation....and we sincerely hope there would be less procrastination from now on!! Kya?

2:26 AM  
Blogger maddyG said...

Wow! Vinay...you have stunned me...superb writing....wonderful power of expression...do keep writing and bringing sheer joy to many hearts....


1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home